Trek Day 1: Cusco / Cachora / Rosalina
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and head towards Cachora located at 3,400 masl. Here we will find the full team who will accompany us on the way to Choquequirao. We being our trek surrounded by Andean landscapes and continue until the Mirador de Capuliyoq (2,900 masl), from this viewpoint we will see a somewhat distant Inca city of Choquequirao and a striking view of the snowy peaks of the Cordillera Vilcabamba. We will continue our tour by descending to our first camp at Playa Rosalina (1,500 masl).
Hiking time: 7 hours
Hiking distance: 18 kilometers (11 miles)
Trek Day 2: Rosalina / Santa Rosa / Marampata / Choquequirao
After breakfast we will continue our adventure, this time by ascending to Santa Rosa (2,100 masl), and after a short rest will follow the path until reaching Marampata (2,800 masl). Here we will have lunch and then continue on to our second camp in Choquequirao (3,035 masl). The second day hike is considered the most difficult, because we spend a lot of time hiking uphill.
Climate: Mixed – both cold and warm
Hiking time: 7 hours
Hiking distance: 13 kilometers (8 miles)
Trek Day 3: Choquequirao / Chiquisca
After an early breakfast, we will be able to enjoy the main event: Our guided Choquequirao, ancient Inca refuge tour. After an extensive tour of the main sectors of this impressive Inca city and a change to explore and take all the photos you’d like, we will head back to the town of Chiquisca. The journey on the third day is easier, as we travel the same route as the previous day but this time downhill.
Climate: Moderate climate likely with mosquitoes (don’t forget mosquito spray)
Hiking time: 6 hours
Hiking distance: 14 kilometers (8.6 miles)
Trek Day 4: Chiquisca / Cachora / Cuzco
Today we begin our journey early and head to return to Cachora, where we began our walk the first day. Here our transport will be waiting to return to Cusco.
Approximate hiking time: 5-6 hours
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Information about the trek
- Transport from hotel to the town of Cachora
- Entrance to Choquequirao
- Bilingual tour guide
- Food during the trek (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners)
- Mules to carry the camping equipment
- A cook
- First aid kit
- Oxygen tank
- Transport from Cachora town to Cusco city
- Hotel – Airport or bus station transportion
What’s not included:
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the second day.
- Sleeping bag
Options to rent:
- A horse: $ 115.00 US Dollars
- Feather sleeping bag: $ 30.00 US Dollars
- Normal sleeping: $ 25.00 US Dollars
- Backpack: $ 30.00 US Dollars
- Vegan and vegetarian options available upon request, please let us know when booking