DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – CHALLACANCHA – SORAYPAMPA
You will have an early departure from Cusco to go Soraypampa (A journey of 3.5 hours). There, you will start the trek to Huaracmachay, where you will stop to eat lunch. In the afternoon, your journey will carry on until Rayampat, where you will camp and spend the night.
Walking Distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation: 3350 MASL / 10990 ft.
Highest Elevation: 4600 MASL / 15091 ft.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – WAYRACMACHAY – CHAULLAY
After breakfast, the trek to Chaullay will start at 7am. This will be an unforgettable day where you will have the opportunity to see the surrounding flora and fauna, such as different kinds of orchids and waterfalls. You will spend the night at the camp.
Walking Distance: 22 km / 13.7 miles
Starting Elevation: 3800 MASL / 12467 ft.
Campsite Elevation: 2750 MASL / 9022 ft.
Maximum Altitude: 4650 MASL / 15255 ft.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES
The day will start with a trek to a village called Colpapampa, where waterfalls, thermal hot springs, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora and birds can be seen. The next stop will be the Salkantay River; surrounded by coffee, banana, avocado, pineapple and coca (the Incas sacred plant) cultivations. From here, you can also have a very unique view of Machu Picchu. Next, you will take local transportation to Hidroelectrica train station to take the train to Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night.
Walking Distance – 26km / 16.1 Miles
Starting Elevation – 2750 meters ASL / 9022 feet ASL
Campsite Elevation – 1600 meters ASL / 5249 feet ASL
DAY 4: THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY – MACHU PICCHU!
The focus of this day will be to visit Machu Picchu, one of the Wonders of the World, where you will have a professionally guided tour. You will then have free time to explore the incredible citadel at your own pace and take pictures. In the afternoon, you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in Aguas Calientes and then take the train back to the city of Cusco where you will spend the night.
- 24 hour support provided by Into Peru
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- 3 nights of camping
- During the Salkantay trek: A cook, camping equipment, all breakfasts
- The following meals: Breakfast, 2 lunches during and 2 dinners during the Salkantay trek excursion
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Transportation to all attractions
- Professional and certified tour guides
- On the day of your visit to Machu Picchu, the following is included:
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Professional tour guides and entrance to Machu Picchu
- Buffest lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Aguas Calientes return train
What’s not included:
- Meals not mentioned, tips and other personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the program