DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – CHALLACANCHA – SORAYPAMPA
You will have an early departure from Cusco to go Soraypampa (A journey of 3.5 hours). Where you will stop to eat lunch surrounded by amazing scenery. In the afternoon, your journey will carry on until Rayampat, where you will camp and spend the night.
Walking Distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation: 3350 MASL / 10990 ft.
Highest Elevation: 4600 MASL / 15091 ft.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – CHAULLAY – CAFE LORETA LA PLAYA CAMP
After breakfast, the trek to the highest point of the Salkantay Trek will start at 6 am. This will be an unforgettable day where you will have the opportunity to see the surrounding flora and fauna, such as different kinds of orchids and waterfalls.
Our next stop, will be Huayracpunku forest, where we will eat lunch. After this, we will walk to Chaullay until we reach La Playa Loreta camp. The next day, we will walk up until we reach one of the most beaituful Inca paths known as Llactapata. You can also see Machu Picchu from this point.
Walking Distance: 22 km / 13.7 miles
Starting Elevation: 3800 MASL / 12467 ft.
Campsite Elevation: 2750 MASL / 9022 ft.
Maximum Altitude: 4650 MASL / 15255 ft.
DAY 3: CLORETA LA PLAYA – LLACTAPATA – HIDROELÉCTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will have breakfast at 6:00 am. After this, we will walk through the original Inca path until we arrive at Llactapata, where you will be able to see Machupicchu from one of the furthest viewpoints. We will then walk to central hidroeléctrica where we will eat lunch. After this, we will walk for another two and a half hours until we arrive at Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night.
*If you do not wish to walk during this day, you can choose to take a bus from Santa Teresa and canopy and then travel by car until you get to Hidroelectrica station. This will cost an additional $45 US Dollars
Walking Distance – 26km / 16.1 Miles
Starting Elevation – 2750 meters ASL / 9022 feet ASL
Campsite Elevation – 1600 meters ASL / 5249 feet ASL
DAY 4: THE MOST IMPORTANT DAY – MACHU PICCHU!
The focus of this day will be to visit Machu Picchu, one of the Wonders of the World, where you will have a professionally guided tour. You will then have free time to explore the incredible citadel at your own pace and take pictures. In the afternoon, you will have time to enjoy the town of Aguas Calientes and then take the train back to the city of Cusco where you will spend the night.
- 24 hour support provided by Into Peru
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- 3 nights of camping
- During the Salkantay trek: A cook, camping equipment, all breakfasts
- The following meals: Breakfast, 2 lunches during and 2 dinners during the Salkantay trek excursion
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Transportation to all attractions
- Professional and certified tour guides
- On the day of your visit to Machu Picchu, the following is included:
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Professional tour guides and entrance to Machu Picchu
- Buffest lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Aguas Calientes return train
What’s not included:
- Meals not mentioned, tips and other personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the program