DAY 1 CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA MARIA
7:30 AM-8:00AM: Your journey starts by bus from Cusco to Ollantaytambo which offers views of the stunning Sacred Valley scenery. During your journey, you will reach an altitude of 4350 meters above sea level, at Abra de Málaga. From there you will grab a mountain bike and descend through the beautiful valley. You will then get into the vegetation of the jungle and visit the Inca ruins of the Wamanmarka. After approximately 3 hours of biking you will reach the lower altitude of 1130m at the town of Santa María where you will have lunch. After lunch, the adventure continues with rafting. Afterwards you will then have time to rest and enjoy dinner.
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA
After breakfast, you will trek through paths full of vegetation which pass through areas of coffee cultivation and harvesting, as well as the sacred plant of the Incas: the Coca leaf. You will walk along segments of paths where the Incas originally walked. During the day, you will learn about the history of the Incas’ road network, visit bridges, and take a break to have lunch and take some time off to rest in hammocks.
Next, you wiill hike through forest until reaching the town of Santa Teresa, where you will have dinner and spend the night.
Here you will have the option of enjoying a rest in the best thermal baths of the trip in Cocalmayo.
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Today you will get the adrenaline flowing with a thrilling zip line in Santa Teresa. Afterwards, you will start your walk which will cross bridges overlooking the Vilcanota River (Sacred River of the Incas). You will likely see a great variety of butterflies, parrots, small iguanas and birds until you arrive at Hidroelectrica where you will have lunch.
Next, you will reach your final destination of the day, Aguas Calientes otherwise known as Machu Picchu Pueblo, the unique town at the base of Machu Picchu. Here, you will have dinner and spend the night. The next day you will visit the main event: Machu Picchu.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
You will have an early start in order to visit the Wonder of the World, Machu Picchu and to arrive in time for sunrise. Your day will start at around 4:30 am and will board the bus which will take you to the entrance of the Citadel (30 min duration).
We will provide you with a packed breakfast which you can eat on the way to Machu Picchu. Upon arrival you will have a professionally guided tour which will last approximately 2 hours. After the tour you will have time to enjoy the citadel on your own and take the perfect photos!
Once you’ve finished exploring, you will then board the bus back to Aguas Calientes and then catch the train back to Cusco.
* We also offer a cheaper option which includes return to Cusco by car: $339 per person
- Hotel pick up and transportation to Abra Malaga
- Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo – Cusco train
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish)
- Mountain bike equipment (helmet, gloves, vest, knee and elbow pads)
- Mountain bike with front suspension
- Some meals (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners)
- Accommodation in Santa María and Santa Teresa
- Activities: Biking, rafting & zipline
- The third night includes basic lodging
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket
- Return bus from Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
What’s not included:
- Breakfast on the first day
- Lunch on the last day
- Entrance to the hot springs S / 10.00 Peruvian soles
- Optional drop-off bus $ 12.00
- A backpack with a change of clothes during the whole period of the walk. Recommended: T-shirts, shorts and warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (you can buy plastic ponchos in Cusco).
- Strong and comfortable footwear.
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries