English Teaching in an Orphanage
Teach English to children at a public orphanage in the city of Lima who have been abandoned or abused by their parents. Give these children the opportunity to gain a good knowledge of English to have a better chance to find good employment opportunities in the future. You’ll normally provide educational support by assisting teachers in classroom environment with informal teaching to start with, but, depending on your ability, you may be given complete control of a particular class or group.
Voluntary work description:
- You will be given materials and guidance for you to be able to teach English to children
- You will teach lessons to small groups that are divided up according to their level of English language knowledge and age.
- You will evaluate student progress and provide ongoing guidance for improvement
- You will motive students to actively participate throughout class
- We recommend that you also bring your own resources that you can use as part of your lessons such as postcards, photos, magazines, stickers etc.
- In some cases, you might also provide help with English homework.
Length of program: From 2 to 8 weeks
Schedule: From 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Start dates: Every week on a Monday
Age of students: 6-7 years old – 8 -11 years old – 12 – 14 years old
Class Sizes: From 5 – 10 students
Cost per week: £499 which includes:
- See our prices for more information.