The Medical Spanish Course has been created for Medical and Health Sciences professionals who need to improve their communication with Hispanic patients and use medical terminology correctly at their workplaces.
- Familiarize students with Spanish medical terminology and the respective grammar.
- Improve reading comprehension of medical documents and texts.
- Improve students’ oral and written communication with Hispanic patients and medical staff.
- Familiarize students with medical processes in Spanish speaking countries.
Duration : 30 hours minimum (1 week)
- The Medical Spanish Program has 2 levels:
- Advanced Level
- Basic protocol for primary health care.
- Patient examinations.
- Doctor-patient communication.
- Medical History / Patient documentation.
- Emergency services.
- Consultations with specialists.
- Cultural influence and traditional Andean medicine.
- Health systems in developing countries.
- Services in rural medical centers.
- Resources: Authentic material (medical forms, analysis and test results).
- Guided tour of the city of Lima.
- Tour and clinical observation of a hospital.
- Tour and clinical observation of a private clinic.
- Tour and clinical observation of a rural medical center.
- Requirements You must:
- Be a student or graduate of a professional Medical or Health Services program (you will need to show accreditation).
- Have an Intermediate level of Spanish (a placement test will be taken).