About Peru


Do I need a visa to visit Peru?

Travelers will need a passport valid for at least 6 months after they depart. Citizens of most American and Western European countries are not required a visa to enter Peru. Citizens of Bolivia, Ecuador and Chile do not require passports or visa to visit certain regions of Peru.
If the purpose of your visit is tourism, the maximum length of your stay will be 90 days (you can apply for extensions with the immigration authority)
All travelers must carry a valid passport, or a safe-conduct issued by the Peruvian immigration authority.


Is it safe to travel in Peru?

Travelling to Peru is safe. Peruvians live in peace and work very hard every day to build a democratic and safe society. We can assure visitors that all they need to do is follow the normal precautions taken in order to visit other destinations.


When visiting the cities:

  • Take the logical precautions to avoid pickpockets and purse-snatchers.
  • Carry a copy of your identification documents. Keep the originals and the rest of valuable personal effects in the safety deposit box of your hotel.
  • Wear valuable items discretely; don’t carry large sums of cash and watch your bags and luggage.
  • Refrain from exchanging currency on the street.
  • It is advisable to use taxi companies for transportation (they can be requested by phone) or cabs authorized by the local authorities.


What’s the weather like throughout the year?

Peru is a very large country that is crossed by the Andes and has a vast Amazonian region, so you are likely to notice differences from one place to the other, which may be more or less intense depending on the month of your visit.
It hardly ever rains on the coast, where there are usually two seasons: a warm season and a cold season.


  • The warm season runs from November 15th until the end of March.
  • The cold season occurs from April to mid November and it is very humid.


Unlike the coastal area, the mountains and the jungle have a warmer rainy season running from mid November to late March, and the least warm season occurs between April and mid November.

What immunizations are recommended/ required?

No immunizations are currently required for visiting Peru. A yellow fever vaccination is recommended for travelers to the Peruvian Amazon. This vaccination, which is valid for 10 years, must be administered at least 10 days before your arrival in Peru. Travelers must bring along their International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP) as proof of vaccination. However, those who are only visiting the highlands do not need this vaccination. We advise you to consult with your doctor.

What is Peruvian traditional food like?

Traditional food in the highlands include potatoes, corn, rice, and meat dishes, often with a spicy sauce. In jungle areas, fresh fruits, fried plantains, and other vegetables are also common. Though vegetarians can be easily accommodated in all areas, options typically leave out the meat rather than adding vegetarian mainstays such as tofu, beans, or nuts.

What time zone is Peru?

Peru is five hours behind GMT (same as EST). They do not observe daylight-savings time so during these months (April-October), Peru is on CST.


About our Volunteering programs


Is travel Insurance included in the program fee?

Yes. The price of it will vary depending on the length of your visit and the activities you decide to do.


Will I be working with other volunteers?

We usually work in small teams at the projects so you might be working with two to three other volunteers. However, if you wish to be placed by yourself in a project we can arrange this for you.


How far in advance should I register and pay?

We do not have a deadline for volunteer applications and registrations, but the sooner you can do it the better.

Can someone under the age of 18 volunteer with Into Peru?

If a person is under the age of 18, they can volunteer as long as they are going as part of a group (with adult minders) or with a parent, guardian or family member (18 years or over). When applying for a volunteering program with Into Peru, it is important that he/she advises us of the name of the person they are volunteering with.


What hours am I expected to do during the program?

The schedule for each project is different but most volunteers help 5 days a week, for no longer than 8 hours per day (sometimes it can be less). This might vary depending on the project you choose.


What kind of volunteer work is available?

Childcare in an orphanage, teaching English in an orphanage, sports teaching and construction and renovation projects in Lima.


Do I need to be able to speak the local language?

Generally, volunteers are only required to speak English to participate on an Into Peru program. Into Peru offers volunteers the opportunity to take a basic 20 hours Spanish course for a small additional fee before or during the volunteering program. The more you can speak the local language, the more you will be able to immerse yourself into the program and local culture.


Does Into Peru accept groups?

Into Peru does accept volunteer groups and if a group has 8 or more members, we can even arrange special projects and itineraries for groups.


Can I volunteer with a friend (s) or partner?

Into Peru accepts friends and couples who want to volunteer together. We can make sure that you are placed in the same accommodation and project as a friend or partner, as long as this is requested before your departure. On your online application, make a note of your friend’s name stating you wish to go together.


When can I go?

For most of our projects you can choose when your placement starts and finishes. Placements run all year. There are no definitive deadlines for application. We do generally need at least 3 months to comfortably process an application, but we like to receive your application form as far in advance as possible – so please apply as soon as you’ve decided what you want to do. The longer the notice, the more we can tailor a programme. If you decide last minute, give us a call to see how quickly we can arrange it for you.


What qualifications do I need?

No qualifications are necessary for our projects, just reasonable spoken English. No TEFL or teaching qualifications are needed for our teaching. If you do happen to have qualifications, even better!


How are you chosen for a volunteering program?

When you apply we ask you for the name and address of a referee. This will be someone who knows you well – such as a school tutor or an employer. We then get in touch with them and ask for a reference. You will also need to provide a DBS check.
In addition to this, all volunteers aged 18 and over who will participate in a project that involves working with children are required to provide a criminal record check as part of the application process.


How long do placements last?

We offer programs from 2 weeks to 8 weeks. If you wish to stay longer, we can make the arrangements needed but you need to let us know in advance.



About our Tours


What if I have paid a deposit for the trip and I can no longer go?

If you can no longer go, it may be possible to transfer the booking to another suitable person, provided that written notice is given at least 30 days prior to departure. An administration fee of £50 will be charged plus any costs imposed by Into Peru for its suppliers.


How will I be identified once I arrive at the airport?

A uniformed and identified Into Peru representative will be waiting for you at the international terminal reception area where you will be directed to go after collecting your luggage. Our representative will be holding up a sign with your name or the group’s.


Once we have been contacted by the representative, will we have to show a coupon or voucher?

No, all you have to do is identify yourself. Our personnel will have the necessary documents on hand that list the services you have purchased, which helps avoid any uncomfortable situation and streamlines your arrival.

What type of assistance will I receive upon arrival?

An Into Peru representative will help you with your luggage, check to see if your entrance papers are in order, and hand you a document pack with a detailed itinerary, luggage tags, and other useful forms. Additionally, our representative will give you a brief introduction of the city, provide a concise summary of the program, and provide useful tips that will make your stay more comfortable.

Will I need to show a coupon or voucher for each service?

No. In order to serve you more efficiently, we have coordinated all services in advance, having sent all necessary coupons electronically to our suppliers as a means of avoiding loss, reducing unneeded printing (which is part of our environmental protection policy), and maximizing your experience by relieving you of that concern. So, just relax and enjoy the trip.

Why do I have to show my identification and immigration form when registering at the hotel?

When registering, you need to show your identification card or passport with the immigration stamp on it as well as your Andean Immigration Card so the hotel can make a copy of them; these will be used as supporting documentation to exonerate you from paying the 19% general sales tax. Our quotes do not include this tax to non-resident foreigners whose stay does not exceed 60 consecutive days.


What type of transportation is used?

We use a variety of transportation including private vans/ cars, comfortable tourist buses, flights, canoes, etc. We use a mix of private/ public transportation to provide travelers with the safest and most efficient transportation in each area. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us.


Are these trips a good choice for solo travelers?

Yes! Our Peru tours tend to attract a great mix of solo travelers, families, friends, etc. We can often match you with a roommate if desired, to save on single supplement costs or you can request a private room if you prefer.


Do tour rates include international flights?

Tour rates do not include international flights. We find that it is usually less expensive for travelers to book these separately and this also allows you the flexibility to choose the schedule and routing that is most convenient for you. You can purchase international flights on your own, or we can certainly help you arrange these flights with an airfare consolidator who specializes in international flights to South America.


How far in advance should I book?

You can book your Peru tour at any time and generally the earlier you book, the better. Booking early (4 months or more recommended) is especially important for travelers visiting during the height of the dry season, June to August, as many of these departures fill up months in advance. Travelers visiting outside of these busy months can often book a bit more last minute, though 2-3 months notice is still recommended. We are often able to accommodate last minute travelers as well (some even departing in less than one week!!), so give us a call and we will do our best!


About our Spanish Courses


How far in advance should I register in a Spanish course?

If you are abroad you must register 2 weeks in advance. If you also need accommodation, we suggest booking 4 weeks in advance to ensure availability of the accommodation option you select. If you want to study in the months of June, July, and August (high season) we recommend registering at least four weeks in advance.


Are lessons that fall on public holidays recoverable?

The school is closed on public holidays marked on our calendar; however, the hours will be recovered during the week. Please see our calendar:


About our Intensive and Super Intensive courses:

When I can start an Intensive/ Super Intensive Spanish course for my level?

You can start an Intensive or Super Intensive Spanish course for your level every Monday, all year round

(except if Monday is a public non-working holiday)

How I can know what is my level of Spanish?

If you have studied Spanish before, or you state that you have some knowledge of Spanish,you will receive a placement test via email once we receive your online registration. If youhave no prior knowledge of Spanish or if you wish, you can start from the first level(complete beginners course).

How many levels of Spanish are there in the Intensive and Super Intensive course?

The Intensive and Super Intensive Spanish Courses have six levels of Spanish:
Basic level (A1), Pre Intermediate (A2), Intermediate I (B1), Intermediate II (B2), Advanced (C1)and Superior level (C2), in accordance with the Study Plan of the Cervantes Institute andthe Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for Spanish as a foreign language.

How long does each level of Spanish last in an Intensive course?

In the Intensive Program, each level lasts 60 hours, except the Basic level which takes about 80 hours. The full Intensive Program lasts 19 weeks.


How is the Super Intensive course organized?

The Super Intensive course takes place in groups in the mornings (from 09.00 to 13.00) and in privateor semi private lessons in the afternoons (14.00 to 16.00 hrs). In the morning session(From 9.00 to 1.00 pm) you will develop all the language skills (speaking, listening comprehension,reading, writing and intercultural competence in a group setting). During the two hours in the

afternoon you will have a private or semi private class where the student will develop

more intensively the communication and listening skills tailored to his/her specific communication


How long is the shortest Intensive Spanish course?

The Intensive course has a minimum length at least 01 week and a maximum length of 19 weeks.


If I miss a class in the group Intensive course, can I recover it?

No. Absences, lateness, late arrival or early departure in group Intensive courses are not recoverable or refundable.


What are the Super Intensive and Intensive courses timetables?

The timetable for the Intensive course is Monday through to Friday from 9:00 to 13:00, with a 15 minute break at 11:00 am (20 hours per week). The Super Intensive course timetable is from 09:00 to 13.00 and 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm (30 hours per week).

What do I need to bring on the first day of school?

You only need to bring a notebook and a small dictionary. The school will provide the educationalmaterial, which is included in the cost of the course.

What training and experience has the school staff?

Our teachers have been carefully selected according to their education and experience,personality and passion for the teaching of Spanish as a foreign language.
· They are university graduates with specializations in Bilingual Education, Linguistics,Communications, Spanish Literature or Translation.
· They Are native Spanish speakers and speak one or two additional languages.
· They are in constant training, taking courses, attending seminars and training sessions related to the teaching of Spanish.
· They are friendly, dynamic, and highly motivated in the teaching of Spanish.
· They possess extensive knowledge of the culture of Spanish speaking countries.


About our One-on-One Courses:

When can I start a One-on-One Spanish course?

You can start an One-on-One Spanish course any day of the year, provided you have registered at least 3 days in advance and subject to classrooms and teachers availability. To register online simply complete the registration form available here: (LINK to online registration

How long does the One-on-One Spanish course last?

The duration of the One-on-One Spanish course depends on the student. You can study less than 20 hours or you can choose one of our discount One-on-One course packages (20, 40, 60 and 80 hours). The hours of these packages can be used within a period of six months.

What is the shortest or longest a class session can be?

The shortest session must be at least 1.5 hours and the longest no more than the hours that the student deems appropriate (up to 06 hours a day).

Can the teacher come to my home or office?

Yes. We can arrange a One-on-One course at your home or office, at the most convenient time for you.

How in advance should I cancel a One-on-One lesson?

You may cancel a One-on-One lesson provided you notify the school 24 working hours in advance by sending an email to registration.office@hispanaidiomas.com.

Can I bring forward or postpone my One-on-One lessons according to my availability?

Yes, you can bring forward or postpone your One-on-One lessons with prior notice of 24 hours and provided we have availability of teachers on the date and time you want to bring forward or postpone your lessons to. You can make the coordination to bring forward or postpone your One-on-One lessons directly with your teacher and make it official by sending an email to info@into-peru.com

About the Spanish School

Where is Spanish School located?

It is located in the center of Miraflores district, one the most beautiful and safest areas in Lima city. It is very close to cafés, parks, market squares, movie theaters, bars, night clubs and the best restaurants in Lima, “The gastronomic capital of America”. Our partner school is located within a 10 minute walking distance from “Larcomar” shopping and entertainment center where you will find amazing views of the Pacific Ocean as well as activities such as surfing, paragliding and hang gliding.


How old are the students who join the intensive courses groups?

The minimum age to join a group intensive course is 18. On average, our students are adults ranging in age from 25 to 50 years. There is no upper age limit; in high season we usually have a wide range of ages (18-65 years).

What activities does the Spanish School organize?

The school offers social and cultural activities during the afternoons such as salsa lessons, cooking classes, cultural lectures, and excursions in the city. These activities are of no cost to students enrolled in group intensive or super intensive courses.